10 Tips For Staying Cool This Summer
It's going to be HOT. Here's 10 tips for you to stay cool in the scorching weather.
- Wear clothes made of light, breathable fabrics.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Limit your physical exertion.
- Stay in shaded areas when possible.
- Certain types of medication may increase the risk of heat-related illness. Be careful.
- Wrap a wet towel around your head and neck for instant cooling relief.
- If you’re working outside during the summer, take a short 5-10 minute break every hour.
- Avoid drinking caffeine and/or sugary beverages.
- Wear light-colored clothing to reflect sunlight.
* BONUS TIP
When possible, work outside during the mornings when the sun hasn’t reached its peak yet.